Terms of Reference “Psychologist ofr Parents Support Group”
Established on March 4, 2007, DSK is non-governmental organization, with status association, founded by parents of the children and persons with Down syndrome (SD).
DSK as a national, multi-ethnic organization, its mission is to increase the dignity of individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
Mission: promotion, respect and protection of the rights of individuals with Down syndrome in Kosovo and of their family.
DSK reached to mobilize 920 families and its member, to organize initiative about the promotion of the rights of individuals with Down syndrome and persons with disability, to provide professional services which affect the welfare and the improvement of the life standard.
DSK coordinated local coalition of eight (8) NGOs for person with disability, called OKTAGON. Down Syndrome Kosova is member of European Down Syndrome Association (EDSA) and Down Syndrome International, these two organizations includesindividuals and organizations all over the world and engages to improve the life quality for individuals with Down syndrome in all over the world and to promote their rights for acceptance and inclusiveness.
During these years, DSK reached to build up cooperation with many state institution as Ministry if Education, Science and Technology; Social Welfare Ministry; municipality of Pristina; of Prizren; of Ferizaj; of Gjakova; of Mitrovica. Also collaboration with the Clinical University Center of Kosovo, Department of Genetics and Gynecology and private clinics and laboratory which operates in Kosovo.
Down Syndrome Kosova Association, within the project “Empowering support systems toward the realization of the rights of people with Down syndrome” supported by Save the Children in Kosovo and SIDA, is seeking to engage a professional in the field of Psychology to moderate the meetings of Parents Support Group, in Down Syndrome Kosova Association- Center in Pristina. The aim of the meetings providing to parents of children with Down syndrome (age 0-6 years old) psycho-educative support.
Meetings will be held in the municipality of Prishtina and the total number of participants will be 20, divided into two groups composed of 10 participants per group. The duration of the meetings will be approximately 2 hours/per meeting.
- University diploma in Psychology.
- Master qualification
- Professional/non-formal education in this field is an advantage;
- Documentation of work experience on provision of this service;
- Knowledge on regard of work with parents of children with disability;
- High analytic and communicative skills;
- Qualification and experience of group therapy (is an advantage);
Tasks and Responsibilities:
From the recruit professional is expected to:
- Develop the structure of the meetings, in consultation with responsible staff of Down Syndrome Kosova and Save the Children;
- Prepare necessary extra material for meetings, including agenda, with agreement and preliminary consultations with responsible staff of Down Syndrome Kosova and Save the Children;
- Leads the meetings in a general way, clarifies and elaborates the main thematic and relevant topics which may come out as a result of group interaction;
- Delivers the draft of written report, including objectives, work realization within (5) work days, monthly basis;
- Delivers the final written report to Down Syndrome Kosova, within (5) work days after having received and incorporated potential comments from Down Syndrome Kosova and Save the Children in Kosovo.
Engagment of the professional:
The professional recruiter will be engaged by service contract from Down Syndrome Kosova. In this contract in a specific way will be defined the points which are not included in this document.
|Preparing the methodology work for meetings (Methodology, agenda, forms and other necessary materials)||1 day|
|Meetings with parents of children with Down Syndrome (age 0-6 year old), within the Parent Support Group, in Prishtina||One meeting / per month|
|Preparation and delivery of written report||1 day|
The payment of professional recruiter will be done based on the conditions of service contract which will be prepared from Down Syndrome Kosova and it will be signed from the professional recruiter. The payment will be done through bank transaction in Euro valute. The payment will be done after finishing successfully monthly meetings.
Based on Kosovo laws, Down Syndrome Kosova is obliged to do the payment of taxes (pension) from 10% of bruto amount, while for persons who belongs to non-resident entities, and don’t have permanent units in Kosovo the retention rate is 5%.
Documents and application procedure:
- Copy of University Diploma;
- A draft proposal about work methodology for this commitment, including the planning of methodology development and meetings;
- A letter which includes the expertise and experience in the field;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- *Financial request will be detailed about every each working that will be realized, here it should be included, information resources, procedures and techiques of preparing methodologies, meetings, writing reports and a tentative plan of work.
Applications should be sentvia e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Application: Psychologist for Parents Support Group meetings.
The deadline of submission of application: 21/02/2020
Only successful candidated will be contacted!