INTERNATIONAL EXPERT FOR THE PROJECT “PROMOTING SKILLS FOR EMPLOYMENT OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES IN KOSOVA”
- BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
The project aims to enhance the employability of Persons with Disability (PwD), with special emphasis on Persons with Down syndrome (PwDS), Persons with Light Intellectual Disability (PLID), as well as Deaf and Blind Persons in 4 regions of Kosovo; and strengthen the capacity of Vocational Training Centres in 7 regions of Kosova.
Main objectives of this project are to improve the existing competences of Vocational Training Centres including the professional capacities of the Instructors as well as the suitability of the Modules, with the aim of increasing the quality of the vocational education for persons with disabilities, and to provide persons with disabilities in all seven regions of Kosovo, with the opportunity to increase their professional competences and employment opportunities, by attending VTC programmes.
In this project, DSK focuses on the abilities of the participants and works with their potential helping them perform to the best of their abilities, despite their limitations. DSK is truly confident that the implementation of the current project will increase the chances for the socio- economic integration of the participants- persons with disabilities.
- REQUIERED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in social sciences (PhD would be an advantage);
- At least 5 years of proven experience of work, with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities;
- Academic writing skills;
- Effective teamwork and communication skills;
- Skills of collecting and analysing information and producing well-grounded reports;
- Proficiency in English.
- RESPONSIBILITIES Consult the local expert and offer advices in:
- Improvement and adjustment of VTC modules to the needs of PwDs and VTC staff.
- Development of pedagogical handbook for VTC staff/ToT training on new modules.
- Draft comprehensive reports after every visit.
- First visit that will last 6 days – 130 Eur per day/Honorary.
- Second visit that will last another 6 days – 130 Eur per day/Honorary.
- Daily expenses (hotel, meals, etc.) – 700 Eur for 14 nights.
- Travel expenses – 500 Eur (roundtrip) for both visits.Total: 2, 760 Euro
The expert will be provided with English translations of all relevant documents.
Applicants should submit their CV to the following e-mail account: firstname.lastname@example.org